Monday, July 10, 2023

Goodbye Facebook, Hello Blogger...

 Well, I've only gone and done it. After building a really nice community on Facebook, with friends across the globe, groups that held my interest and my own homepage filled with my content, I was enjoying my Facebook experience. Then things gradually changed until the sponsored content, ads, recommendations and promoted posts driven to my feed from the "algorithm" made Facebook unbearable for me. I'd already had this experience on Twitter and I left the platform last year as Elon the Mask took over, joining Aus.Social on the Mastodon federation. You can find me there as aus.social/@chestas or @chestas@aus.social. Now Facebook is going too. But I plan to use this site to keep in contact with people that I value on Facebook, and make some new friends!


There will be two elements to this blog. First, a personal set of ramblings (thanks to Annie in England for helping me choose the blog title!!) about my life in Tasmania and wherever I end up in the future. Second, there will be posts about chess, my main hobby and job. And there might be the odd post about whatever takes my fancy, of course. This isn't anything specific, just me tootling away...



Here's the Tamar River, on a nice day, near where I live. Welcome to my little part of the World :)!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Chess Candidates

 Will I be following the Candidates Tournaments ? You bet!! The next 3 weeks will be full on. The Candidates events will dominate the chess ...